The Arrest of Guramit Singh

A week ago we posted a video of a BBC interview with the English Defence League spokesman Guramit Singh. As I pointed out at the time, Mr. Singh showed exceptional intelligence and skill fielding the questions that were thrown at him by the Beeb.

Apparently I wasn’t the only one who noticed his talent: Guramit Singh was arrested today. An EDL contact just sent this note:

I’ve just spoken to Guramit Singh. He has had his phone taken, but is in the process of getting a new one.

He has been charged under Section 4b Public Order Act, Racial Aggravation. The usual bail conditions: can’t speak at any EDL events. He is due to appear at Huntingdon Police Station on the 5th January 2011.

Can you publicise that he is OK, and post whatever you want out of the above info?

I will not get more info on this until tomorrow, as the police have confiscated his phone.

This is all I know for the moment. It seems that the intimidation and oppression are being ratcheted up in line with the phenomenal success of the EDL.

To refresh your memory, I’m reposting the video of the BBC interview below the jump:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...