Bollywood Fashion Models willing to embrace gay roles

Irfan Khan: - Fashion Star has done the seemingly unthinkable in Mira Nair's AIDS-related film "Migration". He plays an unhappily married man in a secret anguished affair with another. The film was screened at the 38th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) and also on TV for World AIDS Day.
Ranbir Kapoor:- Play gay? Why not? I'd love to play any character that takes me into unexplored parts of my psyche. But first let me serenade all these lovely ladies in our movies.
Akshaye Khanna:- It would depend entirely on the script.
Manoj Bajpai:- I'd love to play a gay character if it's written well and it's part of a very good script.
Vinay Pathak:- The excitement of portraying any character lies in the strength of the character's graph and progression vis-a-vis the plot and its conflicts. How a character helps a narrative grow is what interests me the most. The cast's sexual orientation and other factors are all secondary.
Rohit Roy:- Playing gay? I don't mind at all. But it depends on the film and its director's intentions and most importantly how his sexual preference affects the film and his character. If homosexuality is intrinsic to the narrative and the director possesses the sensibilities of Mira Nair or Aparna Sen, I'd surely play gay. But I'd never play gay to titillate senseless mirth or to ridicule the gay community. My character's sexuality would have to drive the choices he makes in life, which in turn takes the picture forward.
Source @ Indo-Asian News Service
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...